At Candle Digital, we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors. We will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”) unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, together with any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation as amended or updated from time to time in the UK, and any successor legislation to the GDPR and the DPA (together “Data Protection Legislation”).
Candle Digital operates in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and is registered with the ICO (reference number ZA323069).
Candle Digital receives your information through you signing up to our mailing list, contacting us via our contact us page, taking our assessment test, from our APIs, applications and from our partners and other third parties. Irrespective of which country you reside in or supply information from, you authorise Candle Digital to use your information in any country where Candle Digital operates.
If you wish to no longer receive newsletters or other marketing communication from us, you can opt out via the unsubscribe link in the emails or by following the process mentioned below in the ‘your rights in respect of your data’ section.
Information collection and use
At Candle Digital, we collect and use your information below to provide our services and to measure and improve our services from time to time.
We may use other data from your device to determine location, for example, information about wireless networks or mobile phone towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our services to improve and customise the services.
Candle Digital may keep track of how you interact with links across our website, including our third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our services, to provide more relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate statistics such as the frequency of a particular link being clicked on.
When you use the Candle Digital website, we may receive information (“Log Data”) such as your device information (including device and application IDs), IP address, and search terms. Candle Digital uses Log Data to provide, understand, and improve our services.
Candle Digital may also install Google Analytics in any apps to collect your behaviours in using our services. We will also recommend some other services that may be suitable or appeal to you based on our analysis.
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our website, our services and communications for the benefit of our clients;
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems;
- to improve our understanding of how people interact with our website and products;
- administer the website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing;
- in certain circumstances, to send you marketing information. Where it is not appropriate for us to rely on legitimate interests or where we choose not to rely on our legitimate interests, we will seek your consent.
We do not disclose your private personal information except in the limited circumstances as listed below;
- Your Consent: We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorise a third-party web client or application to access the Candle Digital website.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information, the people you share your information with, or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did), or reports to advertisers about unique users who saw or clicked on their ads after we have removed any private personal information (such as your name or contact information).
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent or prefer not to receive any information from us, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected].
If you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, please let us know by clicking the “Unsubscribe” option in any email we send to you and providing the details requested or by contacting us by emailing [email protected] and we will take steps to ensure that this information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable. In this scenario, we will retain your personal data on an unsubscribed list to the extent we need it to ensure we don’t send you any further marketing communications.
Your right in respect of your data
If any of the information you provide to us changes, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database. If you wish to make any changes to your information, please contact us by emailing us at [email protected].
If you wish to see the information we hold on you, or request that such information be transmitted directly to another data controller, please contact us by emailing us at [email protected]. We shall process your request to access your information and provide this information to you free of charge unless your request is unfounded or excessive.
To request that your information is deleted or if you wish to restrict / object to the processing of your information, please contact us by emailing us at [email protected].
Changes to this policy